Thursday, June 4, 2009

Really Smooth and E-Z


In an effort a plan to eat healthier and lose some weight I decided to have smoothies for breakfast. My typical smoothie was 1/2 cup nonfat yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 cup frozen fruit and a teaspoon of honey or brown sugar.

This worked quite well for a few days and then I got tired of cleaning all the bits of the blender...well, lets be honest...I got lazy. Also, I would find chunks of fruit at the bottom of my smoothie and I did not find that very pleasant. Smoothies were not forgotten but they were put on the back burner. I still thought it was a great way to get my calcium and my fruit...you know...the health thing.

Well, last week while surfing the TV I came across QVC and they were making smoothies. And they were making them in the cutest little thing. You put your ingredients in the large cup, fasten on the blade base, turn it over and put on the machine. Pulse a couple of times, run a few seconds on low, run a couple of minutes on high and VOILA! You have a great smoothie. Very thick, smooth and no bits! And best of all you just remove the blade base and drink right out of the cup. If you need to run, put the mug lid on and go.

This terrific little thing only has two pieces to clean (three if you use the mug lid), the smoothie was better than any I made in the big powerful blender and no bits!

Knowing what I know about bananas (yesterday's post) I will be adding banana to my smoothies for really good health. This is truly...as Martha would say...a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment