Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CHEERIOS


Recently two friends have told me that they eat Cheerios for breakfast every day. This really surprised me as I have not eaten Cheerios in years...many, many years. So while at the groc ery store this week I noticed Cheerios were on sale so I thought... let's give it a try.

So I did just that...had a big bowl of Cheerios. Well, for some reason whenever I think of Cheerios I always think you have to eat them fast or they get mushy. So I did just that ...ate them fast without putting the spoon down. And I finished none too soon I might add. They were on their way to mushy.

Cheerios do taste as I remember them...good but not great. To my amazement while looking for the graphic I found that there are ten different flavors of Cheerios. They have come a long way since I ate them last. The latest flavor is Banana Nut. Check here if you are interested in the complete list.

My cold cereal preference is Nature's Path Optimum Blueberry Cinnamon...YUM! A delicious combo of crunchy strands and flakes loaded with flax, soy and blueberries. I know...it sounds way too healthy but it is really good and it doesn't get mushy. It is organic and found at most major grocery stores. For more information on my favorite and to hear about the four other Optimum flavors, click here. At the grocery store look for this box. And if you try it, let me know how you like it.

Since writing the original draft of this posting I have come up with a good use for Cheerios...snack food...dry. When you have a craving for something crunchy substitute Cheerios for popcorn, potato chips, pretzels, etc. Much healthier for you, solves the crunch craving and the mushy matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment