Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Long Time No Write


It has been a few days since I have lasted written a post...well, that is a post here. I have been busy getting my professional blog up and running. And I must say I really did not have any ideas to post here.

I started today at a program put on by The Women's Council of Realtors. The topic was "Follow the Money - The Diversity of Tomorrow's Marketplace". Discussion centered around today's real estate market and what is taking place with various minority groups today and what we can expect in the future. It also touched upon the opportunities that can be found today with International buyers. The program certainly made me think about changes I should consider in my business.

However, the real reason I am writing this post has to do with the youth of today. When each panelist was asked what one thing would make a large impact on their ethnic group one panelist said educating the youth in financial responsibility. (That was not the exact term she used but it works.) Educating them to understand money, saving, investing, credit scores, home ownership and business. This would give them the tools to make responsible financial decisions in their life.

Tonight I had an email from CrainsBusiness.com. I receive these emails weekly and often just delete them. But tonight the topic caught my eye. This was a video report of a young entrepreneur, Zoe Damacela. Zoe is 17 years old. Her story is an interesting one and can be found here. This is a young women that is certainly learning financial responsibility.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment