Thursday, May 28, 2009

Big Brother is Watching


If you recall, I said no bad news or complaints allowed in this blog. Well, I certainly did think it was bad news when I received a Camera Enforcement Violation in the mail. I had heard of such a thing and definitely thought it a reasonable way to enforce adherence to the traffic signs and lights at our busy intersections. How many times had I seen cars going through red lights?

Well, back to the Red-Light Violation that I received. At first I thought there must be some mistake. I did not even recognize the address of the violation. Then I looked at the pictures clearly showing my car and my license plate. The photos basically looked black and white and the stop lights were miniscule. Then I realized I could actually see color on my license plate as well as my tail lights. So I went for the trusty magnifying glass. Was that stop light red? Hard to tell but it appeared so. You are given an opportunity to contest the violation. However, there are pictures. I certainly did not realize I had gone through a red light. What was my reason to contest? Can't think of one. Busted!

So moments ago I went online to pay the $100 fine. Yes, that could be bad news but I am just going to say that one must pay for their mistakes...not good news and not bad news...just fact. Well, the whole reason I wanted to write about this is because when I went to pay the violation I had the opportunity to revisit the scene of the crime. There it was "View Your Red-Light Violation Video". So I did. Very cool! I watched as traffic went through the light...the light changed to yellow...the light changed to red and yes, there I went right through the red light. And I had company. Another car came right behind me. Oh yes, I should add you could see the camera flash. I am laughing as I write this. I found this so amazing that I watched it three times.

So watch out...you never know when Big Brother is Watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment